6. adapt 7. aroused 8. remarkable 9. investigate 10. entertain
1. out 2.to 3.in 4.from 5.back 6.as 7.with 8.with 9.behind 10.on
1.G 2.L 3.D 4.F 5.K 6.N 7.O 8.I 9.C 10.A
1. Should you change your mind, no one will be upset.
2. Should a serious crisis arise, the public would have to be informed of it.
3. Should you fail in the exam, your parents and teacher will not blame you.
4. Should you have a major change in your plan, let us know in time.
5. should your car break down, change to a bus.
1. You should talk to your teacher instead of just complaining to me about it.
2. They raised prices and cut production, instead of cutting costs.
3. He decided that he would drive back to town instead of putting up for the night at the hotel.
4. He nodded his head instead of saying anything where his voice might express the real truth.
5. My mother prefers making her own clothes instead of buying clothes in the shops.
1. Should you have any doubt about the plan, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2. We have learned how to face reality instead of escaping from it.
3. It just proves that you can’t hope to turn in a worthy report if you haven’t done enough preparation.
4. We have to face that possibility no matter how unlikely it may sound.
5. The newcomers found it hard to adapt themselves to the climate there.
6. It strikes me as odd that school children are required to come to school two hours before class.
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.A 8.C 9.B 10.A 11.A 12.C 3.B 14.C 15.C
Visual aids offer several advantages. The primary advantage is clarity. If you are discussing an object, you can make your message clearer by showing the object. If you are citing statistics, showing how something works, or demonstrating a technique, a visual aid will make you information more vivid to your audience. By using visual aids in your speeches, you often will make it easier for listeners to understand exactly what you are trying to communicate. Another advantage of visual aids is interest. The interest generated by visual images is so strong that visual aids are now widely used in many areas, not just speechmaking.
1.B 2.B 3.D
Comprehension of the Text
II. 1.D 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.D 7.D 8.C
1. available 2. banned 3. predict 4. fate 5. host
6. posted 7. advertise 8 enormous 9. involves 10. survey
1. out 2. from 3. out 4. for 5.to 6.up 7.in 8.in 9. through 10.about